- How to get Associate Tag
- How to get Access Key and Secret Key
- API Rates
- Search by ASIN or URL
- What are alternatives to Amazon API
- Amazon PA-API v4 is deprecated
To obtain an Associate Tag, refer to Becoming an Associate.
You must register for Amazon Associates before you sign up as a Product Advertising API developer.
Your Amazon Associates tag works only in the locale in which you register. If you want to be an Amazon Associate in more than one locale, you must register separately for each locale.
Some recommendation to get Amazon affiliate program approval:
- Site must have finished look and actual content.
- Don't try to add just affiliate products. Make your site more useful for visitors, add some content, videos, images, articles, news, blog section.
- Site must follow Associates Program Policies.
To obtain an Access Key and Secret Key, refer to Register for Product Advertising API.
Product Advertising API sign up is available only to associates who have referred qualified sales and have been accepted into the program. Check alternative ways.
If you have generated credentials before September 29th 2017 and your security credentials are linked to an AWS account, refer to Migrating your Product Advertising API Account from your AWS Account.
Your account will lose access to Product Advertising API if it has not generated referring sales for a consecutive 30-day period.
If your API access has been revoked you will receive a TooManyRequests error message:
You will regain access to Product Advertising within 2 days after your referred sales are shipped.
For more information, please refer to API Rates.
The best way to choose the right product is to search by product URL:
We offer 3 alternative ways which don't require API keys and they will help you to make first sales more faster and get regular API access.
1. Affiliate Egg plugin
As you see, we marked AE:Amazon module as "deprecated". This is because we can't guarantee stable work of module. Sometimes Amazon can make a ban for your server's IP. This happens when you try to import too much products at once or if you set too often price updates. But this way is still very good for regular use and for new sites.
2. Viglink module
You can use Viglink module and search by URL feature:
You can add your Amazon Tag ID in Deeplink settings of Viglink module:
3. Offer module
Use Offer module to manually add Amazon products to your site.
Error Codes and Messages
For more information about all API errors, please refer to Error Messages.
Product Advertising API Scratchpad
You can check your API credentials and raw API's responses using Product Advertising API Scratchpad.
How to Fix a "Not found" error
The most common cause of this error is that you have set too many search filters like Merchant, Free Shipping, Minimal price, etc. Try to disable all search filters.
Product has no price
Please refer to Minimum Advertising Price.
Amazon Associates Customer Service
To raise a request for Amazon Associates account related concerns, please perform the following steps.
Why Amazon module is not available in CE free version?
When we created Content Egg, any user can get API access to Amazon very easy. Amazon required only registration and you got API access in the same day. But, each year, rules were changing.
Now, to get Product Advertising API you must have:
- Ready web-site with content and traffic, so, your account can be reviewed and received final acceptance in to the Amazon Associates Program.
- You must made minimum 3 sales in 180 days (in any possible way except API).
- You must have minimum 1 sale in 30 days to keep active access to API.
This makes Amazon API as almost impossible for all novices.
What we can recommend now?
From from beginner to Pro user:
- Updated Offer module. This module is available in Content Egg free. You can add manual links to plugin without API and get your first sales. And you can still use price update for Amazon offers.
- Affiliate Egg plugin. If you don't have API access and you don't want to add products manually, you can try Content Egg + Affiliate Egg bundle. This can also work with Content Egg free version. Affiliate Egg works as web-parser and doesn't require API access. With Affiliate Egg integration, you can use huge amount of ready parsers directly in Content Egg as you did this with API.
- Viglink module. If you have Content Egg Pro, you can try Viglink module and search by URL feature.
- Amazon module in Content Egg Pro. It has actual PA-API v5, module can provide fast and most relevant search, supports all locales of Amazon, filters, currencies. We recommend to use it once you get your Amazon API access.